- 2 pocketless pita or naan, cut into 3/4-by-4-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate sauce or raspberry or apricot jam, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, toss the pita strips with the butter. In a small bowl, mix the sugar with the cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Add the spiced sugar to the pita and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Spread the pita on the baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for about 30 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the sugar is caramelized. Let the bread sticks cool slightly and serve with chocolate sauce or jam.
The bread sticks can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.