- Two 4-ounce tilapia fillets
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and then add the tilapia fillets. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the fillets from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter and then stir in the ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until soft.
Stir in the soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and sesame seed oil. Simmer for 2 minutes, and then stir in the tomatoes. Cook for 30 seconds or until the tomatoes are heated through.
Plate the fillets and then spoon the tomatoes and sauce over the fillets. Serve warm.