Sweet-Soy Tomato Tilapia
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2
Adding a little tomato that’s been simmering in a sweet soy sauce mixture to tilapia fillets makes for an easy, flavorful meal.
- Two 4-ounce tilapia fillets
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and then add the tilapia fillets. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the fillets from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter and then stir in the ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until soft.
- Stir in the soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and sesame seed oil. Simmer for 2 minutes, and then stir in the tomatoes. Cook for 30 seconds or until the tomatoes are heated through.
- Plate the fillets and then spoon the tomatoes and sauce over the fillets. Serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.