- 1 medium acorn squash (about 2 pounds), seeded and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
How to make this recipe
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and then stir in the onions and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute or until soft.
Add the acorn squash, chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame seed oil and brown sugar, gently stirring to dissolve the brown sugar.
Bring up to a gentle boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, stir in the tomatoes, and then continue simmering for and additional 10 minutes or until tender. Taste for seasoning and serve.