- 4 large red bell peppers
- 4 large yellow bell peppers
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for rubbing
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 large anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Rub the red and yellow bell peppers with olive oil and arrange them on a baking sheet. Roast the peppers for about 35 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are softened and blackened. Transfer the roasted peppers to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool.
- Peel and seed the cooled bell peppers and pat them dry. Cut the peppers into thick strips and transfer them to a medium bowl. Add the sliced garlic, chopped anchovies, basil, parsley and the 3/4 cup of olive oil to the peppers and toss to coat completely. Season with salt and pepper and let the peppers stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
The peppers can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.