- 2 pounds sweet potatoes - peeled, coarsely shredded and squeezed dry
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, plus more for brushing
- Marshmallow Fluff, for topping
- Chopped toasted pecans, for topping
How to make this recipe
- Heat an 8-inch waffle iron and preheat the oven to 200°. In a large bowl, mix the shredded sweet potatoes with the eggs, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and the 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Brush the waffle iron with melted butter and spread one-fourth of the potato mixture onto it. Close and cook on high until the waffle is golden and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a rack in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture. Serve the waffles topped with Marshmallow Fluff and chopped toasted pecans.
You can also make these in a Belgian waffle maker. Spoon one-third of the mixture onto the waffle iron instead of one-fourth.