Sweet Potato Biscuits
- SERVINGS: MAKES 1 DOZEN BISCUITS
- 1 2/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 sweet potato (10 ounces)baked, peeled and pureed
- 1/4 cup cold half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 3/4 cup of the pureed sweet potato and the half-and-half and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead gently 6 to 8 times, just until the dough holds together. Roll or pat the dough into a 9-by-7-inch rectangle about 3/4 inch thick. Sprinkle the dough with the sesame seeds and pat them in. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 12 squares. Arrange the biscuits 1/2 inch apart on the prepared sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.