Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 6 cups vegetable stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon green Tabasco sauce
- Finely diced Granny Smith apple and minced parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°. On a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with the parsnip, garlic, olive oil and salt. Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- In a blender, puree half of the vegetables with 3 cups of the stock; transfer to a large saucepan. Repeat with the remaining vegetables and stock. Add the apple cider and Tabasco and heat through. Season with salt. Serve with the diced apple and minced parsley.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.