- 1 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 6 cups vegetable stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon green Tabasco sauce
- Finely diced Granny Smith apple and minced parsley, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°. On a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with the parsnip, garlic, olive oil and salt. Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender.
In a blender, puree half of the vegetables with 3 cups of the stock; transfer to a large saucepan. Repeat with the remaining vegetables and stock. Add the apple cider and Tabasco and heat through. Season with salt. Serve with the diced apple and minced parsley.