Sweet Pepper Salad with Manchego and Almonds
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
- 2 cups roasted bell peppers, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped drained capers
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced marjoram
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 20 small pitted green olives
- 1/4 pound Manchego cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving
- In a medium skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the almonds and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes; transfer to paper towels and let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Arrange the peppers on plates. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, capers, thyme and marjoram; season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the peppers. Top with the green olives, almonds and cheese. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.