Sweet Mary Swizzle
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
Miami mixologists Gabriel Orta and Elad Zvi love using soursop juice in cocktails. It has a slightly tart, tropical creaminess that’s fantastic with rhum agricole (an aromatic French West Indian rum made from sugarcane juice). “Add some pineapple juice and a touch of sweet-spicy liqueur and you have a great island party,” Orta says.
- 2 ounces rhum agricole, preferably amber, such as Élevé Sous Bois
- 3/4 ounce Velvet Falernum (clove-spiced liqueur)
- 1 ounce chilled soursop juice (See Note)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce chilled unsweetened pineapple juice
- Ice cubes, plus crushed ice for serving
- 2 dashes of Peychaud's bitters
- 1 mint sprig, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the rum, Velvet Falernum and 3 juices. Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake well. Strain into a chilled crushed-ice-filled collins glass, swizzle briefly, then top with the bitters and garnish with the mint sprig.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.