© John Kernick
Sweet Lime-Ginger Rum Punch
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 8 drinks
- 2 cups ice, plus more for serving
- Lime slices and cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups dark rum
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup water
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and ginger to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Strain the syrup into a large pitcher, pressing hard on the ginger. Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the lime juice, rum and the 2 cups of ice. Strain into ice-filled glasses and garnish with lime slices and cilantro.