Sweet Corn Salad with Green Beans and Hazelnuts
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
This is a lovely late-summer salad that can be made almost entirely from produce from the farmers' market. The combination of flavors is clean and crisp: sweet corn kernels, juicy tomatoes, snappy green beans and toasted hazelnuts.
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 9 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/4 cup plus 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes (3 cups), halved
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Put the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast them for 8 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Let cool, then rub the nuts together in a kitchen towel to remove the skins. Transfer to a work surface and coarsely chop the hazelnuts.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the ears of corn and boil them over moderately high heat until just tender, about 4 minutes. With tongs, transfer the corn to a rimmed baking sheet. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the corncobs.
- Add the green beans to the pot and boil until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse the beans under cold water. Pat dry. Cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, scallions, corn and beans and toss. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.