- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Eight 7-inch long strips of smoked salmon (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 small head of oak leaf lettuce, separated into leaves
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Chive Oil
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the corn kernels and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until almost tender, about 2 minutes. Season the corn with kosher salt and pepper and transfer to a place to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and table salt. Gently stir in the eggs and milk. Add the melted butter and the corn kernels and stir to make a smooth batter; don't overmix.
- Warm 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet. For each pancake, drop 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and spread to a make a 4-inch round. Form 4 pancakes are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in a low oven. Repeat the process with the remaining vegetable oil and batter to make a total of 8 pancakes.
- Lay the smoked salmon slices out on a work surface. Place 2 or 3 lettuce leaves at one end of each slice so the tops of the leaves protrude; roll up the salmon slices around the lettuce leaves.
- To serve, place a warm corn pancake in the center of each plate. Stand a salmon roll, with the leaves sticking up, in the center of each cake and drizzle each plate with 1 teaspoon of the Chive Oil.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.