- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 ears of corn (about 1 1/2 cups), shucked
- 2 teaspoons dried ground epazote
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Four 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
How to make this recipe
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, and then stir in the garlic, corn, and epazote. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in the sliced green onions, turn off the heat, and set the pan aside.
In a non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon of the oil. Place one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated cheese evenly over the top. Scatter half of the sautéed corn mixture over the first layer of cheese and then sprinkle with another 1/4 cup layer of cheese. Top the quesadilla with the second tortilla and cook until crisp on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip it over and cook on the second side until the cheese is melted, for about another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining oil to make the second quesadilla. Cut into wedges and serve.
Salsa and guacamole