- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh ricotta
- In a small saucepan, cover the quinoa with the water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Lightly fluff the quinoa with a fork and cover it again.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the almonds and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add the apricots, maple syrup, orange zest and cinnamon and stir well until heated through.
- Add the quinoa to the skillet and stir gently to incorporate the almonds and apricots. Top each portion of quinoa with a tablespoon of ricotta and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.