- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 3/4 pounds flanken-style beef short ribs, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- Canola oil, for oiling the grate
- Lemon wedges and slaw, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the short ribs, oil, lemon and slaw. Rub the mixture all over the short ribs and let stand for 20 minutes.
Light a grill and oil the grate. Grill the ribs over high heat, turning once, until nicely charred and nearly cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve with lemon wedges and slaw.
The spice rub can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 month.