- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Bill Kim prefers using frozen lemongrass to fresh in this marinade because he finds the flavor sweeter and more intense.
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 large stalk frozen or fresh lemongrass; tender pale inner core only, minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chile sauce
- 3 tablespoons sambal oelek or other Asian chile sauce
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- In a mini food processor, combine the garlic, chives, ginger, lemongrass and sesame oil and pulse until finely chopped. Add the sweet chile sauce and sambal oelek and pulse to blend.
- Spread the marinade over the chicken and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Light a grill. Lift the chicken thighs from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Grill over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Medium-bodied, berry-rich Pinot Noir.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.