- 2 tablespoons Korean sweet-spicy chili paste (kochujang)
- 1/4 cup Korean rice wine or mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
chicken and accompaniments
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs, pounded until flattened slightly
- Coarse salt
- Scallion Salad
- Red-leaf lettuce leaves
- Sesame Salt
- Thinly sliced garlic
- Korean Chili Sauce
- Whisk the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Rub the chicken with coarse salt, add it to the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Light a grill. Grill the chicken thighs over a moderately hot fire, turning once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Serve with the scallion salad and all of the other accompaniments.