Sweet and Spicy Barbecued Chicken (Dak Gui)
- SERVINGS: 4
The marinade on this chicken is also delicious on pork, or you can use it as a glaze for grilled fish steaks or for whole fish. For this dish, each person at the table wraps his bundle of chicken and seasonings in lettuce leaves.
- 2 tablespoons Korean sweet-spicy chili paste (kochujang)
- 1/4 cup Korean rice wine or mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
CHICKEN AND ACCOMPANIMENTS
- Whisk the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Rub the chicken with coarse salt, add it to the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Light a grill. Grill the chicken thighs over a moderately hot fire, turning once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Serve with the scallion salad and all of the other accompaniments.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.