- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 5
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chile sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup with the soy sauce, chicken broth, sugar, chile sauce, cornstarch and vinegar.
- Heat a large skillet until very hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 10 seconds, until fragrant. Add the shrimp and cook until curled, but not cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk the sauce and add it to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened and the shrimp are cooked through, 3 minutes.
Zippy, citrusy white such as a Basque Txakoli.