- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce (6 ounces), leaves separated
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a skillet, heat the canola oil. Add the onion and stir-fry over moderate heat until softened and golden, 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up the meat, until browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the honey, fish sauce and sesame oil and cook, stirring, until no traces of pink remain in the pork, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir the lime zest and lime juice into the pork and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the lettuce cups on a serving platter. Fill with the pork and garnish with scallions. Serve with lime wedges.
Fragrant, fruit-forward Austrian Riesling.