© Tina Rupp
Sweet-and-Sour Green Beans
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
These simple steamed green beans get a tangy kick from a quick cider vinegar sauce.
- 3/4 pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the green beans in a steamer basket set over a large saucepan of boiling water. Steam until bright green and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil. Add the shallot and cook over high heat, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and sugar; stir to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and add the beans. Season with salt and pepper, toss well and serve.