- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried berries
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
How to make this recipe
- Combine the quinoa, almond milk, salt and almond extract in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, then reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir in the honey and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Divide between bowls, and top each with dried berries, almonds and cacao nibs. Serve immediately.
The quinoa can be made up to three days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Reheat with additional almond milk before serving, or serve cold. For best results, top with the berries, almonds, and cacao nibs directly before serving.