- 3 medium beets (12 ounces), scrubbed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (1 pound), coarsely chopped
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Wrap the beets in foil and place them on a baking sheet. Roast for about 1 hour, until tender. Unwrap and let cool. Slip off the skins and cut the beets into wedges.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the oil with the lemon juice and ginger and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the romaine, radishes, beets and all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Transfer to a bowl. Top with the avocado and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Scatter the peanuts on top and serve.
The roasted beets can be refrigerated ?for up to 3 days.