Sungold Tomato Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 1 cup
This umami-rich dressing is best made with local, ripe tomatoes. If your tomatoes are less than perfect, roast them for 30 minutes in a 350° oven until tender and lightly browned or add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar to the dressing to help balance the flavors.
- 1 cup Sungold or other sweet cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced tarragon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, tarragon, vinegar and water. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a jar or bottle and serve or refrigerate.