Sun-Dried Tomato Compote
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
Goes well with chicken, any meaty or firm white-fleshed fish and scallops.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup pitted halved Calamata olives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, cook the garlic in the oil over low heat until fragrant and just golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, garlic and the cooking oil. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the mint and serve at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.