- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup thick whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated pecorino cheese (1 1/2 ounces), plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine until al dente. Reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the fettuccine well.
- Add the ricotta and the 1/2 cup of pecorino to the pot along with the reserved pasta cooking water; stir until smooth. Add the fettuccine and the basil, season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve in bowls, passing additional grated pecorino at the table.
Luscious sauces like this one pair beautifully with prickly-sharp, tangy white wines like a Chardonnay from Burgundy or an Albariño from Spain.