- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini, cut into half-moons
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large scallions, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
- In a large saucepan of salted water, boil the rice until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the rice well.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the squash, tomatoes and scallions, season with salt and pepper and sauté over moderately high heat, tossing, until lightly cooked, about 2 minutes. Add the parsley and rice and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Published August 2004