Summer Vegetable Gratin
- SERVINGS: 6
This is a classic Provençal dish of thinly sliced vegetables that are arranged in rows and drizzled with olive oil, then cooked until almost caramelized.
- 1 pound eggplant, peeled and cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 pound tomatoes, cored and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Grease a 12-by-10-inch shallow baking dish with olive oil. Arrange one-third of the eggplant slices in an overlapping row across the dish. Season with salt and pepper. Similarly, make a row of zucchini, followed by a row of tomatoes. Repeat until all the vegetables are used.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil and sprinkle with the rosemary. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are very tender and starting to brown around the edges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.