- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 pound plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 small zucchini (1/2 pound), sliced on the diagonal 1/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat a 9-inch baking dish with olive oil. Spread the potatoes in the dish in an even layer; drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine the bell pepper, onion, garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Arrange two-thirds of the bell pepper mixture over the potatoes and drizzle with oil. Top with the tomatoes and the zucchini; drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover with the remaining bell pepper mixture and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 425°. Uncover the casserole and bake for about 20 minutes longer, until the vegetables are tender and glazed on top. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.