- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 6 ounces pizza dough
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim-milk mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon chopped summer savory
- 1/4 pound summer squash, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Preheat a pizza stone. In a small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the minced garlic and let stand. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to form a 12-inch round, 1/4 inch thick. Transfer the round to a lightly floured pizza peel.
- Leaving a 1/2-inch border of dough, brush the round with the garlic oil and sprinkle with crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper. Scatter the onion slices over the round; top with the mozzarella and savory. Arrange the squash slices on top in a single layer, overlapping them slightly. Dot with the crumbled goat cheese.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for about 5 minutes, until the bottom is crisp and the squash is slightly browned. Transfer the pizza to a work surface. Sprinkle with the walnuts and drizzle with olive oil. Cut into wedges and serve.
Goat cheese and summer squash go well with Sauvignon Blanc's herbal citrus character.