- 2 cups shelled fresh lima beans (from about 2 pounds), or 10 ounces frozen baby limas
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, stringed
- 1 cup shelled fresh English or sweet peas (from 1 pound), or frozen petite peas
- 1 cup snow peas (about 4 ounces), strings removed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce (about one-half head)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the beans and peas separately until crisp-tender, about 20 minutes for fresh limas, 5 minutes for sugar snaps and fresh English peas and 2 minutes for snow peas and frozen limas; frozen petite peas won't need to be blanched. Rinse well with cold water after cooking, then drain, shaking off the excess water, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the chicken stock and cook over high heat until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Add the beans, peas and romaine lettuce and cook, stirring, until the lettuce is wilted and the peas are heated through. Season with salt and pepper and serve at once.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.