- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small dice
- 8 medium tomatoes, cut into small dice
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds spaghetti or penne rigate
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, toss the mozzarella with the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, basil and kosher salt. Season generously with black pepper and crushed red pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a stockpot of water to boil. Salt the water and stir in the pasta. Boil, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 12 minutes; drain well. Return the pasta to the pot, add the sauce and toss very well. Serve hot or at room temperature.