Summer Melon Soup with Crab
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News David Myers creates this silky-sweet soup with cantaloupe (a good source of vitamin C and beta-carotene), then adds mounds of crab (rich in zinc).
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups cubed cantaloupe or muskmelon
- In a medium bowl, stir the shallot and chives into 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Whisk in the olive oil and fold in the crab. Season with salt and white pepper.
- In a small saucepan, boil the water with the sugar. Transfer to a blender and let cool. Add the melon and the remaining lemon juice, season lightly with salt and puree.
- Mound the crab in the center of 4 shallow bowls. Pour the soup around the crab and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.