- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly butter an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Stand the ears of corn in a large bowl and cut off the kernels. Add the sugar, flour and salt and toss well.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, milk and cream. Add this mixture to the corn, stirring until thoroughly blended. Stir in the butter. Pour the pudding into the baking dish. Set the dish in a hot water bath. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for about 40 minutes, until just set. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.