- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 large peach, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium cucumber—peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup finely chopped frisée
- 1 cup coarsely chopped arugula
- 1 cup thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 1 large hard-cooked egg, sliced into 6 rounds
- Smoked paprika, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a saucepan, combine the 2 vinegars and bring to a boil. Put the celery and carrots in a heatproof bowl and pour the vinegar over the vegetables. Let stand until cool. Stir in the peppers and refrigerate until cold, 20 minutes.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the vinegar from the vegetables; reserve it for another use. Add the peach, cucumber, frisée, arugula and cabbage to the bowl. Drizzle the salad with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss. Add the goat cheese and almonds and toss gently. Top the salad with the egg slices, sprinkle with smoked paprika and serve.
One Serving 200 cal, 15 gm fat, 3.4 gm sat fat, 13 gm carb, 4 gm fiber.