- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups medium-grind bulgur (11 ounces)
- 1 pound thin green beans
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup roasted salted almonds, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large, heatproof bowl, pour the boiling water over the bulgur. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and boil over high heat until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water, then pat dry. Cut the green beans crosswise.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice and olive oil. Fluff the bulgur with 2 forks. Add the green beans, cherry tomatoes, almonds, mint and lemon dressing. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Transfer the bulgur salad to a large serving bowl and serve lightly chilled or at room temperature.
The salad can be refrigerated overnight. Add the tomatoes, almonds and mint just before serving.