- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 6 drinks
Islay-based, French-born Martine Nouet is renowned for her whisky expertise and her talent for pairing the spirit with food. (In her native country, she’s known as The Queen of the Still.) “She’s a describer of whiskies,” says Mark Canlis, “and one of the best tasters I’ve ever met.” Nouet created this fruity mix of Scotch, muddled raspberries and raspberry liqueur, plus a splash of club soda.
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries, plus 6 berries for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 ounces Scotch whisky
- 6 ounces guava nectar or juice
- 1 1/2 ounces framboise (raspberry eau-de-vie)
- Chilled club soda
- 6 small mint leaves, for garnish
- In a large cocktail shaker, muddle the 1 1/2 cups of raspberries with the sugar. Add the whisky, guava nectar and framboise. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well.
- Finely strain the cocktail into a pitcher. Pour into rocks glasses. Top each drink with a little club soda and garnish with raspberries and mint leaves. Serve.