- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, pulse the flour with the 1/3 cup of sugar, the rosemary, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal, with some pea-size pieces of butter still visible. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the 3/4 cup of cream until a shaggy dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead just until it comes together. Gently roll the dough into a 14-inch log, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the log into 8 rounds and transfer to the baking sheet. Brush the scones with cream and sprinkle generously with sugar. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until the scones are golden. Let cool slightly before serving.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated overnight.