Sugar Snap Peas with Mint Oil
- SERVINGS: 4
Use the leftover fragrant mint oil as a marinade for chicken, lamb chops or firm white-fleshed fish or mix it with lemon juice for a refreshing salad dressing.
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, blanch the mint just until limp and bright green, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mint to a blender and pulse until finely chopped. With the machine on, add the oil in a thin stream and blend until pureed. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add salt to the boiling water, then blanch the sugar snap peas until just tender and bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain well, transfer to a bowl and toss with about 1 tablespoon of the mint oil. Serve with lemon wedges.