- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, strings discarded, halved lengthwise on the bias
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Finely grated lemon zest, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a very large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and a generous pinch of salt. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and crisp, about 7 minutes. Add the shallot and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and cook until the shallot is softened, about 2 minutes. Add the snap peas to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the sherry to the skillet and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the cream and simmer until the mushrooms and snap peas are coated in a light sauce, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt. Transfer to a platter, garnish with finely grated lemon zest and serve.
Pair this vegetable dish with a crisp, citrusy white.