- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups raw cashews (9 ounces)
- 2 cups raw almonds (9 ounces)
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar with the salt, chile powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. In a large bowl, beat the egg white until frothy. Add the cashews, almonds and spiced sugar and toss. Spread out the nuts on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes, stirring once, until browned. Let the nuts cool on the baking sheet, stirring occasionally.
The spiced nuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.