Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
- SERVINGS: 4 first-course servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup minced Vidalia onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chervil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 large zucchini flowers
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Coat the bottom of a small baking dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the onion and garlic, cover partially and cook over moderately low heat until softened. Add the zucchini and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the herbs, transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully snap off the pistils in the zucchini flowers. Stuff each flower with 2 tablespoons of the filling and twist the petals to seal. Arrange the flowers in the baking dish and add the water. Bake for 9 minutes. Transfer the zucchini flowers to plates, drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.