- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lightly packed parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup lightly packed dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup lightly packed snipped chives
- 1/4 cup lightly packed chervil (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Six 6-ounce, skin-on striped bass fillets
How to make this recipe
In a large cast-iron skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in the herbs, then whisk in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
Pat the bass fillets dry and season with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches, add the fillets to the herb butter, skin side down; cover and cook over moderately low heat until they are just white throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the fish fillets to plates, spoon some of the herb butter on top and serve hot.
Fresh, medium-bodied Gavi.