- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lightly packed parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup lightly packed dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup lightly packed snipped chives
- 1/4 cup lightly packed chervil (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Six 6-ounce, skin-on striped bass fillets
How to make this recipe
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in the herbs, then whisk in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Pat the bass fillets dry and season with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches, add the fillets to the herb butter, skin side down; cover and cook over moderately low heat until they are just white throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the fish fillets to plates, spoon some of the herb butter on top and serve hot.
Fresh, medium-bodied Gavi.