© Tina Rupp
Strip Steak and Vegetables with Garlicky Olivada
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 small red onion, cut crosswise into 4 thick slices
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into 2-inch florets
- 3/4 pound medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 8- to 10-ounce New York strip steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 cup Garlicky Olivada
- Light a grill. Secure each onion slice on a toothpick. In a bowl, toss the onion and vegetables with the 1/4 cup of oil; season with salt and pepper. Brush the steaks with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks over high heat, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes for medium-rare meat. Grill the vegetables, turning, until crisp-tender and charred in spots, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks from the onion slices. In the large bowl, toss the vegetables with 1/2 cup of the olivada. Transfer the vegetables to plates and set the steaks alongside. Spoon the remaining 1/2 cup of olivada over the steaks and serve.