Strawberry, Tomato and Fennel Gazpacho
- ACTIVE: 40 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- One 7-inch piece of baguette, crust removed
- 2 pounds tomatoes, 2 tablespoons finely diced, the rest chopped
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and 2 tablespoons finely diced, the rest chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, 2 tablespoons finely diced, the rest chopped
- 1/4 medium fennel bulb, 2 tablespoons finely diced, the rest thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling mineral water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes. (You will need about 1 cup.) Scatter the bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes, or until crisp. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, strawberries and bell pepper with the sliced fennel, mineral water, garlic and bread cubes and, working in 2 batches, puree in a food processor. Strain the gazpacho through a fine sieve set over another large bowl. Season the gazpacho with salt. Refrigerate for about 25 minutes, or until chilled.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, strawberries, pepper and fennel. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Spoon the diced mixture into shallow soup bowls and ladle the gazpacho on top. Drizzle each bowl of soup with olive oil and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.