- SERVINGS: Makes 1 Drink
This recipe is from Kathy Casey's 2009 book Sips & Apps. She improves the vodka—already a terrific summer cooler—by adding fresh basil.
More Summer Drinks
- 3 strawberries, halved, plus 1 strawberry for garnish
- 2 large basil sprigs, plus 1 small basil leaf for garnish
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- 3 ounces chilled club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the halved strawberries with the basil sprigs. Add ice and the vodka, lemon juice and Simple Syrup; shake well. Strain into an ice-filled collins glass. Stir in the club soda and garnish with the strawberry and basil leaf.