- SERVINGS: Makes about 3-1/2 cups
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 pound rhubarb, stalks only, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and serve warm.
Make Ahead The compote can be refrigerated for 4 days. Serve With Sweet Risotto Fritters with Strawberry Compote