- SERVINGS: Makes about 3-1/2 cups
More Terrific Condiments
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 pound rhubarb, stalks only, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and serve warm.
Make AheadThe compote can be refrigerated for 4 days.