Strawberry, Rhubarb and Rose Fool
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 10
Lippert was one of seven kids, so the only time she got to be alone with her mother was when they pruned the rose garden together. These days, Lippert grows wonderful organic roses in her own garden.
- 2 1/2 pounds rhubarb (without leaves), sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick (8 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rose syrup (optional; see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound strawberries, thinly sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup unsprayed rose petals, finely shredded (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar and water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb breaks down, about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid has evaporated and the rhubarb is thick and jammy, about 10 minutes longer. Transfer the rhubarb to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled. Stir in the rose syrup and lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Spoon half of the rhubarb into 10 wine or parfait glasses and top with half of the sliced strawberries and half of the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining rhubarb, strawberries and cream. Garnish with the rose petals and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.