Strawberry-Pecan Quick Bread
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dried strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat the softened butter with 1 cup of the sugar until pale and fluffy. Using a handheld mixer at medium speed, beat in the eggs one at a time, beating until fully incorporated between additions. Add the vanilla. At low speed, working in 2 batches, alternately beat in the dry ingredients and the milk. Using a spatula, fold in the dried strawberries and chopped pecans until evenly incorporated.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle on top. Bake for about 1 hour and 5 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack and let cool completely before slicing.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.